Support – Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Pericent Technologies offers an annual technical support and products upgrade contract known as “We Care”. This agreement entitles the customer to an array of support and upgrade services to ensure maximum value from their document management software. This section describes the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Customer are supported using remote support services such as the telephone, e-mail and, with customer approval, by logging on to the customers system using remote control software. Support is available from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM IST Monday to Friday and on weekends and evenings by prior arrangement.
The support process starts when a software user contacts their internal help desk or IT support department. If the customers internal support cannot help and determines the problem is related to the document management software they will register the issue by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org This service is available for customer’s technical support staff 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The support email is monitored by Pericent – docEdge DMS technical staff up to 16 hours per day, Monday to Friday. Technical support is generally provided during regular business hours, between 10:30am IST and ending at 6:30pm IST.
Issue Severity Definitions
Following are the levels of issue severity:
- Level 1 – Global severity – affects all users
- Level 2 – User severity – affects one user
- Level 3 – Non-critical Severity – A cosmetic issue, no effect on users
Support Response Time
All support issues registered on the document management support email receives will be responded to, by a technical support team member, by no later than noon of the next business day. In the response it will be determined if the problem is related to the document management software or a 3rd party application and a Severity level will be established.
If the source of the problem is outside the control of Pericent, the customer will be advised accordingly and best efforts will be made to notify the party / parties responsible and cooperate with them to resolve such problem.
If the problem is within the control of Pericent the following responses are made:
- Level 1- Global severity: Technical e-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 4 hours of severity determination. Continuous best efforts will be made to resolve the problem or until service is restored or until an interim remedy is implemented. The resolution objective is 1 business day.
- Level 2- User severity: The source e-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 8 hours of severity determination. Best efforts to resolve the problem will be made with a resolution objective of 3 business days.
- Level 3- Non Critical severity. E-mail communication will be initiated with the customer within 16 hours of severity determination. Communication of the request will be made clear to the customers but resolution may wait until a future product release. If it is a product enhancement / future feature request the customer will be referred to Suggest Feature.
If a customer feels the support response times are not being met or the problem is not being addressed they may initiate direct contact with the VP of customer services email@example.com.
The We Care document management support program is a powerful tool but to make it work best the customer must follow normal IT practices in protecting their data. The following are a few “best practice” suggestions:
- Report all problems to the support case reporting system immediately.
- Back up all data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis including SQL Databases, File Directory Storage Paths and other critical system files.
- Ensure routine maintenance is done to the server hardware.
- Ensure Microsoft and other service packs and updates are tested and applied to the server to maintain best practices operating conditions.
Other Features of the We Care Program
Software Upgrades: Customers on We Care have access to any hot-fixes, service packs, dot releases or major releases of software that become available while under contract. If there are no changes to the existing server or operating system the technical support for upgrades is provided at no additional charge.
Reporting: We Care maintains a status report of open and past support issues including; issue number, problem category, severity, user name, territory code, date received, status, problem description and next action description. A customer may ask for a review of their support incidences including our response at any time.
Addition of licenses: Customers on We Care can add new users to the system at any time, (a minimum of 5 users) at no administration charge other than the cost of the license. The cost of the We Care contract is pro-rated on new licensing to the master agreement anniversary date.
Terms & Conditions
Term: The We Care Agreement runs for 12 months from the day the product server software is installed (the license issued). The contract start and end date will be clearly stated on the invoice.
Termination of support services: The We Care contract may only be terminated by Pericent Technologies in advance of the contract expiry in which case Pericent will refund a prorated portion of the annual service contract. The customer may terminate by not renewing the annual contract.
Eligibility: In order to remain on We Care customers with standard version of products must remain no more than 1 release behind the most current release of products.
Server and Operating Systems Upgrades: PRIME Care does not cover the re-installation of our products as a result of customer server or operating system upgrades or catastrophic failure. There will be professional service fees for assistance in this re-installation. If these upgrades are done at the same time as a our products upgrade the charges may be reduced.